I bought this printer almost three months ago and have used it frequently since that time. Because of my experience with and use of this laser printer, I feel qualified to offer my review of the Brother HL-2140 Personal Laser Printer.
This is my honest opinion and appraisal of this laser printer, offered here as a review to help you make a better, more-informed laser printer buying decision. With that in mind, here are the pros of the Brother HL-2140 Personal Laser Printer:
- I bought the Brother HL-2140 Personal Laser Printer from Amazon.com for $79.99 with free shipping included. As I write this, it is selling on Amazon for $88.98 + $11.99 shipping, so the price has gone up slightly since I bought mine. I received my laser printer via UPS two days after ordering, so shipping was quick and there was no damage to the printer upon arrival.
- This printer is economical as the purchase price is reasonable and the costs of printing are acceptable, in my opinion. The replacement Brother TN360 High Yield Black Toner Cartridge, touts a lifetime yield of 2,600 pages based on 5-percent coverage and can be purchased at most office supply stores, or online at Amazon.com. The current price (as I write this) for the Brother TN360 High Yield Black Toner Cartridge on Amazon.com is $43.80 with free shipping included.
- The Brother HL-2140 Personal Laser Printer is easy to set up and begin using. From the time I opened the box to the time I printed my first page, only 30 minutes had passed. The Quick Setup Guide was well laid out, and the setup instructions were very easy to follow. The setup and installation of the printer and the printer software on my Windows XP computer was simple and quick.
- The laser printer is very fast. It only only takes about ten seconds for warming up and the printer spits out the copies are very fast and it even faster than my much more expensive, previous (but older) laser printer, the HP LaserJet 4M.
- Print quality is excellent with the 2400 X 600 DPI resolution and page curl is minimal and about average for a laser printer. I always lay my printed sheets of paper flat on a table and that takes out almost all of the page curl and what remains is minimal and acceptable. I am printing documents, after all, not museum pieces.
- The Brother HL-2140 Personal Laser Printer uses a USB cable interface to connect to the PC so it easy to connect and is Windows and Mac compatible.